FUEL INJECTION CONVERSION FOR 1972 FIREBIRD

While the engine work is being done to the LS1, I have several weeks to kill, and so now is an excellent time to work some on the 72 Firebird I have.

My very first post was about carburetion. Things change.

I just couldn't deal with all of the tiny little mechanical parts in a carburetor. Fuel injection makes more sense to me. The computer figures out your air/fuel ratio, and adjusts accordingly, and does so a LOT faster than someone tuning a carburetor by hand.

So I ordered a fuel injection system and it just came in the mail. It's the BossEFI system by Retrotekspeed. It looks BEAUTIFUL and I will be sure to document the conversion.

Note the cover of the manual in one of the pics below – it has a really good illustration of how the fuel flows to the throttle body, through the injectors, and down into the intake.

Enjoy the pics!