LS1 - Part 5: Rocker Arms and Pushrods Removal

Before you remove the rocker arms and pushrods, make sure you have a good rocker arm/pushrod/valvetrain organizer. You can see the one I got from Goodson in the pic below. The item number is VTO-80.

A word of caution before you begin: b
e very organized and careful; when you put the rocker arms and pushrods in the organizer tray, make sure they match up to where you removed them. If you don't, you risk damage to the motor when you reinstall them.

Remove the rocker arms with an 8mm socket and put them into the tray:

After the rocker arms are out, you will see the pushrods, indicated by red arrows in the pic below:

Here is what the tray will look like when you're done:

My pushrods had information on them:

My buddy Carl said that according to the info written on my pushrods, I've got really good pushrods that are very strong. Cool. :)

Next I'll talk about removing the water pump and the oil dipstick.